Tuesday 30 November 2010

To Be Loved

I said I love you,
and I do.
Probably not in the way you expect,
certainly not in the way you want,
but I do love you.
I wouldn't want you to be hurt,
and I wouldn't want you to be upset with me.
So I say I love you, which I do, and that makes you happy,
I am not unhappy,
I am not as happy as I could be, if I were with her, but I am not unhappy,
I am content,
and that is okay because content is good and you are happy.
So you say you love me and, really, that is nice to know,
and I say I love you and you pretend to believe me and we both smile.

But occasionally I stare in to space.

You ask what is wrong and I say nothing and you say okay,

And I continue staring in to space.

So I do love you, just not like that.
You don't want to know and I don't want to say.
So you are happy,
and I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment