Tuesday 30 November 2010

Gifts from Granny

So it comes round again, and she asks what I want,
Maybe some clothes to help bear the brunt,
Of the long winter we are having with all this snow,
Or some boots so you can get to where you want to go,
Or how about a CD, are you still in to rap?
Or was it Indie you liked, or that band Spinal Tap?
Or a box set of a series you watch on TV?
Or a razor so you can finally get rid of that goatee?
How about a Lynx gift set, that’s what boys need!
Or maybe something obscure, like Egyptian Paper Reed,
Just tell me what you want, that’s all you need to do,
Anything on this planet and I’ll get it for you,
I’ll name you a star; I’ll buy you a car,
Or take you on holiday to the capital of Qatar!
I have been saving all year to get you something fantastic,
The least you could do is be a little enthusiastic,
If I just give you the money then you can get it yourself,
Just make sure it isn’t something bad for your health,
And once you have picked it then come and show me what I bought,
Because if it isn’t wrapped I know you’ll be distraught,
Well I’m glad that’s dealt with; it will be in Santa’s sleigh,
Now have you given any thought to want you want for your birthday?

1 comment:

  1. Really liked that, and really liked your blog. Good work!

    ReplyDelete