Tuesday 30 November 2010

No Luck, Just Brains

If I had been lucky I could live in a mansion,
but I have brains, so I live in a flat.
I could have won the lottery, or stumbled upon a previously unknown species of animal,
I could have unearthed a hoarde of Roman coins while using my metal detector on the beach in Filey,
but I have brains, so I live in a flat.
I could have put my money on the 'Pools' and won the million,
or bought a scratchcard because i had a spare pound and been 'Rich For Life'
but I have brains, so I live in a flat.
I could have risked my money on the turn of a card,
or bet on Xavi to score from his own half,
or that Hamilton would win the Grand Prix, or Button, or Vettel,
but I have brains, so I live in a flat.
I could have written any of the great plays, books, films or songs of our time,
but I never knew I could have had the idea until I have seen, heard or read it,
my mind stays full of the ideas I am yet to see produced before I produce them,
but that is okay,
Because I have brains, and I live in a flat.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning. It is really nice to meet a poet with a sense of humor. Welcome to my blog. As an Octogenarian my computer skills are few so hopefully you are reading a fond hello and know I am glad to meet you.

    ReplyDelete