Monday 4 April 2011

Butterfly

There are certain things that never disappoint,
There are certain lessons that,
Once learned,
Leave a lasting impression.
Power gained from knowledge.
Comfort gained from a red, woollen blanket.

Present a butterfly with a flower,
Effort, minimal.
Price, acceptable.
Appreciation is your reward.

These characters are never enough
For every feeling
Every thought
I could never sum it up
‘I love you’ is not the same followed by colon, dash, close bracket.

Or maybe I could vocalize the Vocalise
Tell you the purest things with the purest words
With the help of a Cello

Maybe it would be better to present a butterfly with a flower.

Big old wooden trunk, trellis of Roses, one of Ivy
(kept well maintained, it shouldn’t damage the brickwork)
Wooden flooring, rugs, fireplace, sunflowers and a blueberry bush,
Wine and whisky, Samson and Delilah.

The pitter-patter of tiny
Paws

So, I may not do it often enough,
But when I present a butterfly with a flower,
It means
You know what it means.

Por Ti Volare. Literally.

There are certain things that never disappoint.

2 comments:

  1. 'Fly gets a flower
    A folk night is shared
    A spring breeze

    ***

    Reading your work makes me want to write something, and I fail to think of a better gift.
    So go psuedo-haikus!

    Thanks Mr Nervous Poet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love (thinking) I know what this means. What an oxymoron. Thinking I know. I'll have to follow with some of my poetry somewhere on here Mr Nervous Poet. We can follow each other!!

    ReplyDelete